A La Carte (April 24)

Tim Challies | 4/24/2019 | Staff
jenny124124 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://www.challies.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/ALaCarte-NewspaperScript_2-WED-940x492.jpg

There’s a pretty good selection of Kindle deals today, many of them from John MacArthur.

Jen Oshman wrote an article I was working on! “We humans are drawn to get rich quick schemes, to lose 10 pounds by this weekend diets, to the express lane. Like moths to a flame, we love instant gratification, magic formulas, and silver bullets. But we know silver bullets are rare. We know the truth is that real growth comes in one small, right decision after another. And so it is with bringing up children in the Lord.”

Issue - Themelios - Articles - Concern - Debate

There’s a new issue of Themelios available. I haven’t read much of it yet, but I look forward to doing so. Many of the articles concern the debate about the ongoing miraculous gifts of the Holy Spirit.

We live in an age where passion is often considered an adequate substitute for precision. Many of us, even Christians, have little patience for rigorous thinking and little interest in the careful definition. We emote better than we reason, and we describe our feelings better than we define our words.

Idea

What a great idea for...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Tim Challies
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: