5 Reasons People Come Back to Your Church

Pastors.com | 4/23/2019 | Website
Night987 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://pastors.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/photo-1517488629431-6427e0ee1e5f.jpg

The best way your church will ever break through growth barriers is to do so quickly. I hear from pastors all the time who want to break through specific attendance barriers, whether it’s 100, 150, 250, or even 1,000. Churches rarely break those kinds of barriers through gradual growth.

When I started Saddleback, I thought that’s what would happen. I figured I’d add a few people each week and eventually we’d get to 20,000. In fact, I can show you a chart I created that showed how we could grow from just Kay and me to 20,000 in 40 years by simply adding two people a year.

But it just doesn’t work like that.

At Saddleback, we grew to about 15 people in the first 12 weeks of the little Bible study I hosted in our apartment. Then, as we approached Easter Sunday 1980, we prayed, we planned, and we advertised. We managed to get 205 people to show up. Yes, not all of them returned the next week, but we still grew more in the weeks following Easter than we would have in two years by just adding two a week.

People - Day - Days - Saddleback - Years

People came back after the big day, and they’ve continued to come back after our big days. That’s why Saddleback has grown throughout the years.

So why will people come back to your church after Easter or any other big day?

Reasons

Here are five key reasons.

You’ve shown them you love them.

People - Culture - Today - People - Christianity

People will return when they know you care about them. In our culture today, people are getting more and more skeptical of Christianity. People aren’t listening to the Good News like they used to. Too many people have formed bad opinions of the church.How do you cut through that noise with people who visit your church? Show them you care. They will listen...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Pastors.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Never under estimate the power of the people, especially when they are a stupid mass!