Pete Buttigieg is latest Democrat to get Fox News town hall

Mail Online | 2/1/2019 | Associated Press
blacky (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/04/23/23/12636220-0-image-a-26_1556059871699.jpg

Pete Buttigieg is the latest Democratic presidential candidate to agree to hold a town hall meeting on Fox News Channel.

The May 19 event will be broadcast live from Claremont, New Hampshire. Fox News Sunday's Chris Wallace will moderate.

Buttigieg - Rhodes - Scholar - Afghanistan - Veteran

Buttigieg is a Rhodes Scholar and openly gay Afghanistan veteran serving his second term as mayor of South Bend, Indiana.

He's risen in polls since launching an exploratory committee in January, thanks largely to his performance in televised interviews, including a March CNN town hall. Buttigieg formally announced his candidacy last week.

Viewers - Fox - Town - Hall - Week

Nearly 2.6 million viewers tuned in for a Fox town hall last week with Sen. Bernie Sanders, making it the highest-rated of the election cycle. Sen. Amy Klobuchar will participate in a May 8 town hall.

Buttigieg is suddenly the hottest ticket for Democratic donors in the 2020 presidential contest.

Entertainment - Moguls - Hollywood - Fundraisers - Mayor

Entertainment moguls are fighting over who will host Hollywood fundraisers for the 37-year-old mayor of South Bend, Indiana. Democratic donors are showering him with praise. And he has been repeatedly selling out fundraisers across the U.S.

Whether the gay former military officer and Rhodes scholar will be able to capitalize on his improbable star turn and build out a campaign with staying power remains to be seen.

Donors - Money - Game - Months - Financiers

What is indisputable, however, is that donors are clamoring for more. That could help thaw a Democratic money game that's been largely frozen during the early months of the primary, with many major financiers waiting for the crowded field to thin.

'He absolutely must be part of the conversation. I want to see him in the top tier,' said Susie Tompkins Buell, a top Hillary Clinton donor who recently held an event for Buttigieg at a San Francisco yacht club despite previously announcing her support for Sen. Kamala Harris of California.

Kamala

'I'm very much supporting Kamala. I also am extremely impressed with...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Putting government in charge of morality, is like putting Satan in charge of ...