SRI LANKA: MARTYRDOM AND MISSON

Fr. Dwight Longenecker | 4/23/2019 | Dwight Longenecker
lukealukea (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://dwightlongenecker.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/is-sri-lanka-easter-massacre-a-bid-to-revive-global-holy-war__601068_.jpg

Following the horrible massacre in Sri Lanka on Easter Day it brings home to me the invariable link between martyrdom and mission. I am studying John Allen’s book The Future Church for my new podcast series which begins next week. The other important book John has contributed is The Global War on Christians. Depending how things go, I may follow my podcast on Future Church with a discussion of his second book.

Why?

Cusp - Year - Change - Church - Church

Because I believe we are on the cusp of a 500 year change in the church. I have written about this before-that church history goes in 500 year cycles and we are at the end of one. The Age of Revolution from the Protestant revolt through to the present turning point was the time in which Western civilization, over a 500 year period rejected Catholic Christianity, and with that ultimate rejection has really rejected Christianity itself. Because of that rejection the West will continue to crumble.

What will rise in the place of Western Christian civilization? What is this turning point? What is the future?

Rise - Christianity - Completion - Great - Commission

It is the rise of global Christianity. The completion of the Great Commission.

Over the next 500 years we will see the ultimate triumph of Christianity, but it will not be the triumph of Roman Christianity. In other words, we should not expect...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Fr. Dwight Longenecker
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: