David Milch Reveals Alzheimer’s Diagnosis As He Preps The Release Of “Deadwood: The Movie’

The Playlist | 4/23/2019 | Charles Barfield
max1max1 (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://theplaylist.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/David-Milch-Deadwood.jpg

This year should be a time of triumph for writer David Milch. The man behind HBO’s underrated “Deadwood,” which found itself canceled after only 3 seasons (after being promised 4), is finally bringing fans what they’ve been anxiously awaiting — closure. That closure comes in the form of the long-awaited “Deadwood: The Movie,” which is set to premiere at the end of May on HBO. However, this year isn’t as triumphant for Milch, as it should be, as the writer just revealed that he’s been diagnosed with Alzheimer’s.

In a new interview with Vulture, the writer discussed his diagnosis and its effects. And sadly, like with almost every case of Alzheimer’s, the news isn’t very good.

READ - MORE - Olyphant - Talks - Hesitation

READ MORE: Timothy Olyphant Talks Hesitation About Returning To ‘Deadwood’: “I’ve Never Been In A Position To Be Such An A–hole”

“As best I understand it, which is minimally, I have a deterioration in the organization of my brain,” he says. “And it’s progressive. And in some ways discouraging. In more than some ways — in every way I can think of.”

Milch - Signs - Years - Diagnosis - Writer

Milch said he started to notice signs of the disease several years ago, but didn’t immediately go in for the diagnosis. The writer says that he noticed early signs like short temper and the inability to recall things. Of course, he also recognized that writing became harder....
(Excerpt) Read more at: The Playlist
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Goverment, no matter how big, is always a big problem.