Letitia Wright Found Out About Shuri’s ‘Infinity War’ Death From A Poster, Just Like the Rest of Us

IndieWire | 4/23/2019 | Staff
Click For Photo: https://www.indiewire.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/shutterstock_10216509al.jpg

Letitia Wright became an instant favorite in the Marvel Cinematic Universe when she made her debut as Wakanda princess and tech maven Shuri in Ryan Coogler’s “Black Panther.” Wright reprised the character in “Avengers: Infinity War,” serving an important role as the primary character tasked with removing the Mind Stone from Vision (Paul Bettany). Many Marvel fans thought Shuri survived the events of “Infinity War,” as the character was not shown turning to dust after Thanos’ snap, but Marvel said otherwise March 26 when it debuted a Shuri poster for “Endgame” confirming the character died. Fans were shocked by the news, but probably not as shocked as Wright herself.

“It was surprising,” Wright told Marvel Entertainment at the “Endgame” premiere, revealing she found out about her character’s tragic fate at the same time the world did. “I saw everybody in the colored photos, you know the colored posters, and then I saw myself in grey. And I was like, ‘I just died out of nowhere!’ I think the whole of Twitter was pretty upset, so I kind of logged off and didn’t log back on. So I’m waiting to see...
(Excerpt) Read more at: IndieWire
Wake Up To Breaking News!
To despair is to turn your back on God, you can never despair.