Odell Beckham Jr. goes on Twitter tirade defending himself from Giants GM Dave Gettleman

Mail Online | 4/23/2019 | Alex Raskin Sports News Editor For Dailymail.com
red815 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/04/23/15/12617784-0-image-a-16_1556030463527.jpg

Odell Beckham Jr. went on a Twitter tirade on Monday night in response to New York Giants general manager Dave Gettleman, who boasted that his team no longer has a 'culture problem' after trading the All-Pro wide receiver to the Cleveland Browns.

'There's more to it that just collecting talent,' Gettelman told NJ.com while explaining the complexities of his job. 'There is a cultural thing to it that's critical. I have not been on a team that's gone to a Super Bowl that's had a culture problem.'

Culture - Problem - Giants - Gettleman - More

When asked if he has a culture problem with the Giants, Gettleman responded 'not any more.' And as NJ.com columnist Steve Politi explained, Getteleman was wearing a satisfied smile while delivering that answer.

'Im not playin shotsss are fired!!!' The 26-year-old Beckham wrote Monday night, after Giants fans had spent a day reacting to the NJ.com interview.

Pro - Bowl - Selection - Giants - NFL

A three-time Pro Bowl selection with the Giants who won the NFL's Rookie of the Year in 2014, Beckham's time in New York will also be remembered for the uproar over his off-field antics.

The former LSU star was criticized for tossing the kicker's practice net in frustration during a game, punching a hole in a wall after a loss, and joining his fellow receivers on an impromptu boat cruise in Miami six days before an important playoff game in Green Bay.

Star - Player - Giants - Tackle - Damon

And while he wasn't the only star player who left the Giants (defensive tackle Damon Harrison and safety Landon Collins left via trade and free agency, respectively), fans seemed to agree that Gettleman was referring to Beckham's departure.

Beckham responded to the criticism on Monday night.

Teammates - Teammate - Man - Person - Beckham

'Ask any one of my teammates [how] I was as a [teammate] and a man and a person,' Beckham wrote to a Twitter user who had called him a cancer. '…. yes I'm cancer to a...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!