A La Carte (April 23)

Tim Challies | 4/23/2019 | Staff
townskey13 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://www.challies.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/ALaCarte-NewspaperScript_2b-TUES-940x492.jpg

There are just a couple of fairly minor Kindle deals for you to consider today.

Writing for WORLD, Janie Cheaney does a great job telling the story of Horatio Spafford who wrote “It Is Well.” But be warned, once you learn the rest of the story, you can’t unlearn it!

Stumbling - Blocks - Unbelievers - Gospel - Blocks

It’s important to remove the “stumbling blocks” that can keep unbelievers from truly hearing the gospel. “We all put stumbling blocks before unbelievers can get to the stumbling block of the cross. Some of these are beyond our control, but others are within our powers of adjustment. The way we appear, our communication styles, attitudes, actions, and histories affect what others ‘hear’ long before they hear the gospel. The faster we recognize this truth, the better we can prepare for for effective proclamation.”

The National Post covers a trend that seems to come and go–people who believe the moral thing to do is to refuse to have children. “Interest in halting procreation for the sake of the planet is growing. Population Matters, a charity that addresses the effect of population size on the environment, has seen its online traffic and social media following soar, with a Facebook post on going child-free reaching four million people.”

Gene - Veith - France - Embrace - Secularism

Gene Veith: “France has been especially aggressive in its embrace of secularism, to the point of forbidding not just teachers but students from wearing religious symbols–whether Muslim headscarfs or Christian jewelry–in public schools. And yet the French are pouring out their hearts lamenting the Notre Dame fire.”

Algorithms Made Me Do It?

Bloggers - Things

I enjoy it (and am honored) when bloggers tee off things I’ve written to explore...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Tim Challies
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: