‘Game of Thrones’ Delivers One of Its All-Time-Best Episodes With “A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms”

/Film | 4/22/2019 | /Film Staff
Click For Photo: https://d13ezvd6yrslxm.cloudfront.net/wp/wp-content/images/Game-of-Thrones-A-Knight-of-the-Seven-Kingdoms-review.jpg

‘Game of Thrones’ Delivers One of Its All-Time-Best Episodes With “A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms”

In “A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms,” Game of Thrones does something unusual. It goes small. And intimate. And never strays from a single castle. The result is one of the most moving (and funniest) episodes of the entire series.

/Film - Westeros - Experts - Jacob - Hall

/Film’s resident Westeros experts Jacob Hall and Ben Pearson will be examining this season together, discussing the merits, debating the issues, and maybe even harmoniously agreeing on this grand conclusion. Join them below.

Jacob: Game of Thrones has become known for its sweeping scope, dozens of key characters, and numerous locations. But what if – hear me out here – the show is actually at its best when it disregards all of that, picks a single locations, a smaller slice of the cast, and chooses to stay there for the entire episode? I know “A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms” is too expensive and sweeping to be considered a typical “bottle episode,” a TV term referring to an episode that uses minimal, pre-existing sets to tell a contained story (often for budget reasons), but it’s a reminder that epic is not always better. Sometimes, you want and need the time to luxuriate in the details, to really hunker down and spend some time with characters you love.

Episode - Blackwater - Season - Episode - Game

This episode mostly reminded me of “Blackwater,” the seminal season 2 episode that first proved Game of Thrones could pull off a massive battle. Of course, this chapter didn’t get to the actual battle, but that’s okay – it reminded me of that episode’s first 20 minutes or so. My favorite part of the episode. Because while the actual fighting was impressively staged, it landed with such incredible impact because we spent time with the characters before the swords started to...
(Excerpt) Read more at: /Film
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Merry Christmas! It's not just for December any longer!