There Is Nothing Dull or Lackluster About Heaven

ChurchLeaders | 4/22/2019 | Staff
marked (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://churchleaders-eszuskq0bptlfh8awbb.stackpathdns.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/4.23.HOME_.CC.Heaven.jpg

In January 1997, I received a frantic call that the Sight and Sound Theatre, a nationally renowned Christian entertainment center in Lancaster, Pennsylvania, was on fire. I drove the short distance from the church I was then pastoring to an open field where I watched, as though surreal, that $15 million building burn and collapse to the ground. In the investigation that followed, the uncontrolled inferno was traced to sparks from a welder’s torch falling through tiny **** holes in the stage floor.

As though rising from the ashes, a new and grander building was built in its place where hundreds of thousands through the years have continued to take in the amazing sights and sounds of fascinating Bible stories. Yet, even at its captivating best, this new and improved version is still only a temporary reflection of a far greater glory.

Space - Time - Source - Center - Place

Far from our own space and time is the perfect source and true center of all that is really important—an eternal place where the most glorious sights and the most incomparable sounds will never pass away!

The first television set owned by my family was a black and white. I still remember picking it up from the store with my parents in the mid-’60s. I even remember the very first show I watched in my own home. (Truth be known, that program is still one my favorites to watch today.) Maybe this is why some of my memories come back to me in gray tones. Man, was I excited when we caught up with the neighbors and “living color” TV came into my life a few years later!

Side - Heaven - Homeland - Apostle - John

On this side of Heaven so far away, we may be tempted to envision our Homeland in black and white. But the Apostle John would tell us different—and he’s been there! There is nothing...
(Excerpt) Read more at: ChurchLeaders
Wake Up To Breaking News!