Dad of Washington D.C. boy, 11, who was killed in Sri Lanka attack mourns his 'brilliant' son

Mail Online | 4/22/2019 | Dailymail.com Reporter;Wires
InLove4567 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/04/22/20/12583196-0-image-a-45_1555961244177.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2019/04/21/5766306570350801025/1024x576_MP4_5766306570350801025.mp4

The father of an 11-year-old boy who was killed in a Sri Lanka hotel that was targeted by a suicide bomber on Easter morning said the attacker robbed the world of a great mind.

'I don't know what is in the mind of a terrorist, but I'm sure they do not know what they took, they do not know what they took from the world,' Alexander Arrow said of his son, Kieran Shafritz de Zoysa.

'They - Mind - Work - Alzheimer - Diseases

'They took a great mind who was going to be a neuroscientist and work on Alzheimer's diseases.'

Arrow, a business executive from San Diego, told KTNV-TV that he last heard from his son, who was staying at the Cinnamon Grand Colombo, less than an hour before he was killed by a suicide bomber while on line for breakfast.

Elevator - Arrow

'He texted me back "can't talk right now" because he was in the elevator going to breakfast,' Arrow said.

'It was about an hour after that when my phone started ringing.'

Arrow - Kieran - Mother - Attack - Injuries

Arrow said Kieran's mother, who survived the attack with minor injuries, was calling him to inform him about the bombing.

He said he was told by doctors that his son was killed instantly by the suicide bomber.

Terrorists - World - Arrow

'The terrorists didn't know what they were killing, but we should know what the world lost,' Arrow said.

Arrow, who is the CEO at California biomedical firm Zelegent, said he had last seen his son when he came to visit his father for spring break in San Diego.

Kayaking - Grieving - Father

'He wanted to go kayaking,' the grieving father said.

'In fact, his mom told me on the plane ride back to Sri Lanka last week he said he wanted to come back and do more kayaking.

'You - Time - Father - Talks - Talks

'You know it is a good time for some father talks. We had some deep talks out there.'

Arrow said...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!