The Voice Live Cross Battles 2 Recap: Which of the Contestants Sang Themselves Into Danger?

TVLine | 4/22/2019 | Charlie Mason
Click For Photo: https://pmctvline2.files.wordpress.com/2019/04/nup_186711_0899.jpg?w=620

Team Adam’s LB Crew performing “Wade in the Water” (Grade: B+) took on Team Kelly’s Jej Vinson performing “Versace On the Floor” (Grade: B) | Admitting that viewers were probably sick of him challenging Blake over and over again, Adam finally threw down the gauntlet in front of someone else: Kelly. Up first, LB began his performance with a vocal that was as low as it was gorgeous. (Even foghorns had to be jealous of that lower register!) And for the most part, his rendition of “Wade in the Water” was as smooth as a freshly paved road. There were instances here and there where I thought he’d gone a smidgen flat, but even if he had, I’d forgotten all about it when he really let loose and went raucous with his vocals. Taking the stage next, Jej covered Bruno Mars with great competence. Which is to say, vocally, he was quite good. His voice is so pure and undiluted. But he just didn’t have the swagger to pull off “Versace On the Floor.” So in the end, he gave us a performance that was technically fine but not compelling.

Team Adam’s Kalvin Jarvis performing “New Rules” (Grade: B-) took on Team Legend’s Julian King performing “Hello” (Grade: C) | Again forgoing the predictable Blake challenge, Adam challenged John, who put in the very artist he’d used his Block on Adam for during the Blinds. Singing first, Kalvin really impressed me. His performance was the opposite of, say, Jej’s — it wasn’t technically perfect at all. It was probably even a little sloppy. Or maybe it was just loose and on the border of sloppy. Either way, he unleashed his cover with a rawness and a passion that made me believe he was feeling every word that he sang. And if...
(Excerpt) Read more at: TVLine
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Why do democrats never have to face the reality of what's on the ground, like 2000 years of marriage.