Harris: If Congress Doesn’t Take Action on Gun Control, I Will Take Executive Action as President

Washington Free Beacon | 4/22/2019 | Andrew Kugle
pixielilia (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://freebeacon.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/Screen-Shot-2019-04-22-at-10.20.26-PM-e1555986047662.png

BY: Andrew Kugle

Sen. Kamala Harris (D., Calif.) said on Monday night that as president she would give Congress 100 days to take action on gun control before she would take executive action.

United - States - Congress - Days - Act

"Upon being elected I will give the United States Congress 100 days to get their act together and have the courage to pass reasonable gun safety laws. And if they fail to do it, then I will take executive action," Harris told a CNN town hall in New Hampshire. "And specifically what I will do is put in place a requirement that for anyone who sells more than five guns a year, they are required to do background checks when they sell those guns. I will require that for any gun dealer that breaks the law the ATF take their license."

Ben Bernier, a University of New Hampshire student, told Harris that he was nervous about becoming a target of a mass shooting as he studies to become an educator.

Schools - Targets - Mass - Shootings - Days

"I am really bothered that public schools are being targets for mass shootings. Two days ago was the 20th anniversary of the Columbine massacre, but two decades later no major gun control legislation has been passed," Bernier said. "As president how will you go about keeping our schools safe and keeping guns...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Washington Free Beacon
Wake Up To Breaking News!
NY Times, a small niche paper for a small niche people in a really big internet