Art Laffer: ‘Tight Labor Markets’ Help the Poor, Minorities, Disenfranchised

Breitbart | 4/22/2019 | Staff
Omnista (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://media.breitbart.com/media/2018/06/GettyImages-590195562.jpg

Arthur Laffer, economist and author of Trumponomics: Inside the America First Plan to Revive Our Economy, told Breitbart News that “the poor, the minorities, the disenfranchised are disproportionately benefiting from tight labor markets” during President Donald Trump’s tenure. He offered his remarks in a Monday-aired interview on SiriusXM’s Breitbart News Daily with host Alex Marlow.

“I love the labor force being tight,” said Laffer, “because that’s when the benefits of supply-side economics and economics growth really penetrate the people who have not been as blessed as the rest of us have been — the poor, the minorities, the disenfranchised are disproportionately benefiting from tight labor markets, and that’s just wonderful.”

LISTEN

LISTEN:

Laffer rejected left-wing political peddling of materialistic jealousy and resentment. “My dream has always been to make the poor richer, not to make rich people poor. Poor people need to be made better, not rich people pulled down.”

Democrat - Hopefuls - Laffer - Economy - Fact

Democrat presidential hopefuls, warned Laffer, would damage the economy if elected in 2020. “If, in fact, we have a change of administration in 2021 — on January 20th, a new president — I am very concerned about the future of America, just the way I was when Barack Obama took office.”

Laffer continued, “The great recession was caused by the prospects of Obama becoming president, and that is...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Breitbart
Wake Up To Breaking News!