Mayor Bill de Blasio says New York City will ban 'inefficient' glass and steel skyscrapers

Mail Online | 4/22/2019 | Stephanie Haney For Dailymail.com
jolan (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/04/22/21/12584838-0-image-a-96_1555963203344.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2018/10/06/5436082842630861726/1024x576_MP4_5436082842630861726.mp4

New York Mayor Bill de Blasio has said he will ban inefficient glass and steel skyscrapers in the city on Monday, while being questioned about making daily trips to a Brooklyn gym in an SUV.

De Blasio appeared on MSNBC's Morning Joe on Earth Day to talk about implementing key aspects of US Representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez's Green New Deal.

'We - New - Deal - Alive - New

'We are making the Green New Deal come alive here in New York City,' he said. 'It’s three very basic ideas. The biggest source of emissions in New York City is buildings.'

But when asked about making frequent 11-mile drives in a gas-guzzling vehicle to the YMCA in Park Slope, de Blasio could only say it was 'part of the job' for whoever might hold his position.

MSNBC - Analyst - Jonathan - Lemire - Carbon

MSNBC political analyst Jonathan Lemire questioed de Blasio about his own carbon footprint during the early morning show, asking, 'What sort of environmentally responsible example are you setting there, taking this drive in a car as opposed to going to someplace nearby?'

De Blasio didn't offer much of an explanation in terms of choice of mode of transportation, but did say that he found it important to visit the outer borough, even though his office and his Gracie Mansion residence are in Manhattan.

Come - Neighborhood - Brooklyn - Home - Basis

'I come from that neighborhood in Brooklyn. That’s my home. I go there on a regular basis to stay connected to where I come from and not be in a bubble that I think for a lot of...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!