Jennifer Lopez, Owen Wilson to Star in STX Romantic Comedy ‘Marry Me’

Collider | 4/22/2019 | Jeff Sneider
Click For Photo: http://cdn.collider.com/wp-content/uploads/the-boy-next-door-jennifer-lopez.jpg

Jennifer Lopez just got engaged to retired baseball star Alex Rodriguez, and yet later this year, she’s going to marry… Owen Wilson? It’s the romantic pairing you never knew you always wanted! See, Wilson is in final negotiations to star opposite Lopez in STXfilms’ romantic comedy Marry Me. It’s about a pop star bride who ditches her lying, cheating groom at the altar in front of a crowd of thousands, and in the spirit of “the show must go on,” picks a random man in attendance (Wilson) and goes through with the ceremony. Will the two of them live happily ever after, or will their holy matrimony be annulled before the end of the week?

Kat Coiro will direct the high-concept comedy, which is based on a graphic novel by Bobby Crosby. John Rogers and Tami Sagher wrote the script, while Harper Dill penned the rewrite. For what it’s worth, Coiro directed numerous episodes of two of the funniest shows on television — It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia and The Mick. Here’s hoping she’ll find a role for Kaitlin Olson in this film, which Lopez is producing with Elaine Goldsmith Thomas and Benny Media. The three producers previously teamed with STX on last year’s Second Act and the upcoming revenge movie Hustlers, which will hit theaters this fall around the same time that Marry Me heads into production. Rogers will also produce, while Willie Mercer, Alex Brown and J.B Roberts will executive produce. STX executives Kate Vorhoff and Catherine Hagedorn will oversee production on behalf of the studio.

Studio - Bills - Marry - Me - Cross

The studio bills Marry Me as a cross between Notting Hill and The...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Collider
Wake Up To Breaking News!