New Law Would Require Middle School Children To Use Car Seats

Rare | 4/22/2019 | Silke Jasso
sheenabeanna (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://coxrare.files.wordpress.com/2019/04/rare-29.jpg?w=1200&h=627&crop=1

It looks like Washington DC is taking a stand, or should I say seat? The state is stepping up its car seat regulations, thanks to a new law signed by Gov. Jay Inslee. The law states your child could be sitting in a booster seat longer than expected, once it goes into effect on January 1, 2020.

According to the new guidelines, if your child is older than 4 but shorter than 4 feet and 9 inches and they have outgrown their child harness seat, they must use a booster seat. This means most children will need this until they are between 10 to 12, which is when a child is in Middle School. I don’t know about you, but this kind of seems a little bit ridiculous to me because I’m in my min 20’s and I am 5’2. I didn’t reach 5’2 until I was in eighth grade…so, yeah. I would have probably worn this until I was in 6th grade, which sucks.

Law - Children - Car - Seat - Children

Still, the law states that children under 2 must use a rear-facing car seat. Children between the ages of...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Rare
Wake Up To Breaking News!