Dylan Dreyer opens up about her first-trimester miscarriage

Mail Online | 4/22/2019 | Danielle Zoellner For Dailymail.com
urbanagirl3 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/04/22/15/12574486-0-image-a-18_1555943312486.jpg

Today's Dylan Dreyer revealed she suffered a devastating miscarriage when she was just five weeks pregnant — as she has opens up about her fertility struggles to have a second child.

Nine months ago, the 37-year-old meteorologist and husband Brian Fichera decided they wanted to give their two-year-old son Calvin a brother or sister. But they discovered it was more difficult to get pregnant the second time around.

Couple - Miscarriage - Weeks - Dylan - Tears

The couple got pregnant recently but then experienced a miscarriage. 'Five weeks go by, I wake up to just bleeding,' Dylan said through tears while speaking on the Today show.

'To the point where I’m standing in the shower and it won’t stop,' she continued. 'I wake up and I tell [Brian] that and I say “I think I lost the baby."'

Moment - Couple - Dylan - Miscarriage

The moment was emotional for the couple as they believed Dylan was having a miscarriage.

'The first thing he says to me was "you didn’t lose the baby…you didn’t do anything wrong,"' Dylan explained through tears.

Dylan - Day - Possibility - Miscarriage

Ever the professional, Dylan went to work that day while dealing with the possibility of a miscarriage.

'I have to get work and do the Today show and smile,' she said. 'That’s what we do. You push it down, get through the show.'

Months - Fertility - Battle - Couple - Months

The last nine months have been a fertility battle for the couple as they attempted to get pregnant naturally. After six months of trying, Dylan decided to meet with her OB-GYN to discuss what could be going wrong.

'The results showed that I have a very low egg count,' Dylan said about the appointment. 'Instead of having the egg count of a 37-year-old, I am more like mid-40s.'

Calvin - Dylan - Emergency - C-section - Two-thirds

When having Calvin, Dylan underwent an emergency c-section, which left her two-thirds of her uterus scarred. The leftover scar tissue made it difficult for...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
You can never use the word unexpected when it comes to abuse of power by the government.