On World Earth Day: What Trees Reveal About God, Faith, Resurrection & the Future of Everything

Ann Voskamp | 4/22/2019 | Staff
josh567 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://farm3.staticflickr.com/8/7839/33272069368_b80423296c_b_d.jpg

What can trees reveal about God, nature, and the future of everything? Friends, it’s more than you maybe could ever imagine. And when it comes to biblical insights, I could listen to Dr. Matthew Sleeth all day. He’s the real deal, a wise and truthful voice for our times. Matthew has written an achingly beautiful, groundbreaking book, Reforesting Faith — which helps me see the story of creation, the fall, and redemption with fresh eyes. Read, pray, and then share this book as a bridge with a neighbor who loves creation but doesn’t (yet!) know the Creator. As a former ER doctor, Matthew’s compassionate bedside manner and winsome humor will open the door for life-changing conversations. It’s an honor to welcome our very kind friend, Matthew, to the farm’s front porch today….

One February evening, years ago, while vacationing on an island off the coast of Florida, my wife and I sat outdoors on a second-floor deck.

Cars - Roads - People - Children - Bed

There were no cars, roads, or people about. Our children were tucked into bed. A gentle wind blew over the water, and palm trees rustled in the breeze.

In the stillness Nancy turned to me and asked, “What do you think is the biggest problem on earth?”

Question - Thought

Her question came out of nowhere, but I gave it some thought.

“The world is dying,” I said. “There aren’t any elms left on Elm Street or chestnuts on Chestnut Lane. I don’t think humanity can do business as usual for the next hundred years and expect that things are going to turn out all right.”

Nancy - Question - World

Then Nancy asked a follow-up question: “If the world is dying, what are you going to do about it?”

I had no answer.

Home - Vacation - Life - Thing

After we returned home from vacation, life stopped flowing from one good thing to another.

During our annual family reunion, Nancy’s brother heartbreakingly was pulled down...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Ann Voskamp
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Don't touch that, you don't know where it's been.