MEDITATION MONDAY – NOTICING WITH RESURRECTION AWE

Godspacelight | 4/22/2019 | Staff
Click For Photo: https://godspacelight.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/earth-teach-me-to-remember-001.jpg

Have you had your awe and wonder sighting for today? If not it’s time to go out and take notice. Last week I commented: “Our daily experience of life, God and God’s world are meant to inspire us with awe and wonder. Our failure to notice the miracles around us is a failure of the spirit as well as the senses.” And today is Earth Day, a fitting celebration for the day after Easter and a great way to begin our awe and wonder challenge.

This is the season for noticing and responding in awe to the presence of Jesus in us, and around us, not just in people we meet but in the creation as well. Jesus is constantly appearing in our midst but we rarely seem to take notice.

Senses - Read - God - Presence

My Senses Are Awakened to Read God’s Presence.

In The Gift of Wonder, I talk about the practice of Lectio Tierra, a great way to attune our senses to the wonder of God. This practice is similar to Lectio Divina from which it is adapted. As I wander through the forest, brush against my lavender or listen to the music of water cascading over rocks, my senses are awakened to”read” God’s presence. Anything that catches my attention and shimmers with the presence of God provides fuel for reflection.

Eyes - Branches - Sage - Bush - Look

My eyes are drawn to the gnarled and twisted branches of my ancient sage bush. I stop, look and listen, not forcing a revelation but waiting in silence for God to nudge me. I reach out and pick a leaf, and gasp in awe at the fragrance that clings to my fingers. What story does it hold I wonder? How might it speak to me of God?

Now I meditate. I crush the leaf between my fingers and am transported back in time. Sage has a...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Godspacelight
Wake Up To Breaking News!
The American Government, working tireless for everyone, except Americans.