Children’s Sermon on Doubting Thomas (John 20:19-31) Print & Video Example

Ministry-To-Children | 4/21/2019 | Tony Kummer
Sugar12 (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://ministry-to-children.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/doubting-thomas-with-Jesus.jpg

Jesus is patient with our doubts!

In this message from John 20:19-31 children will learn faith can be hard, but our savior is willing to help us believe. Get ready for Sunday – Print this children’s message and watch our teaching example below.

Main - Objective - God - Word - Kids

Main Objective: It can sometimes be difficult to understand and explain how we know that God’s word is true. Kids and adults all wrestle with doubts. This message uses the story of Thomas to remind children that if we believe in Jesus we are called blessed. We cannot always know things beyond a shadow of a doubt, but through faith and the guidance of the Holy Spirit, we trust the reality of the Bible.

Law/Gospel Theme: The world sometimes tells us to be skeptical and hunt for evidence to support whatever we might consider. There are plenty of things that are difficult to verify, especially in the life of a Christian and the story of the resurrection. But we know from the Bible that Jesus rose, and that He appeared to His disciples. He also told them that those who believe without sight are especially blessed.

Message - Note - Elements - Cater - Needs

Message: Note: All elements are open to adjustment. Cater to the needs of your group.

Greet children and introduce the “guessing game” of the message.

Morning

Good morning!

Why or why not? What if I told you I brushed my teeth this morning? That might be a little more believable, but you still didn’t watch me do it, so you would have to take my word for it. Well, look at this bag. Would you believe me if I told you I had a ball in this bag? How do you know?

Child - Child - Name - Ball - Ask

Have one child come up to look. (child’s name), is it a ball? Ask other children do you believe her? Do you believe me? Hold it up. Now...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Ministry-To-Children
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Merry Christmas! It's not just for December any longer!