“Punch him. Kick him. Crucify Him!”

WE'RE LATE FOR CHURCH | 4/20/2019 | Staff
Click For Photo: https://lateforchurchblog.files.wordpress.com/2019/04/fernanda-marin-1358779-unsplash.jpg

For those of you who mourn the death of a loved one, this is the day when we joyfully (yet often with tears in our eyes) anticipate our eventual reunion in heaven. May the powerful hope of seeing our dear ones again, that is made possible by our Lord’s victorious Resurrection, be with you this Easter season and always. Oh, what a glorious day!

Every Easter Sunday since losing my mother, I have faced Mass on this holiest of days, with the paradox of profound peace and deep sadness. While the promise of defeat over death is a balm for my wounded heart, I despair in the waiting—26 years this May to be exact. Not even a blip on the timeline of Salvation history. I wait for an inevitability that is both unwelcome and scary, my own natural death. Alas, under the strictures of this fallen world and chronological time, I will wait. And I will continue to toil so that someday I can participate in His great promise to be united with Him and my dear mom.

Communion - Foretaste - Union - God - Banquet

Eucharistic communion is a foretaste of our ultimate union with God and therefore all who sit at the heavenly banquet. I have faith that my mother sits at that table. I pray that I will sit with her.

I came across a prayer the other day by Padre Pio, who seemed to have such an uncanny understanding of our human nature. I’d like to share this prayer which is meant to be said after communion. I think it has value whether you’re grieving or not. But it particularly touched me in light of the bereaved and the trying journey we walk towards our deceased loved ones.

Stay - Lord

Stay with me, Lord, for it is necessary to have You present so that I do not forget You. You...
(Excerpt) Read more at: WE'RE LATE FOR CHURCH
Wake Up To Breaking News!
You can never use the word unexpected when it comes to abuse of power by the government.
Tagged: