What Was Found in Christ’s Empty Tomb?

Townhall | 4/21/2019 | Staff
trainman (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://media.townhall.com/townhall/reu/s1280x720/images/2019/108/5cc85ba8-7f84-4a78-8ff1-ab994a55f86a.jpg

What Was Found in Christ’s Empty Tomb?

Warning: If you are not a believer in the divinity of Jesus Christ yet choose to continue reading, keep an open mind but prepare to be challenged.

Friday - Day - Christ - Crucifixion - Jubilation

Good Friday, the day annually associated with Christ’s crucifixion, is solemnly observed and followed by the jubilation of His resurrection on Easter Sunday. Let us be reminded that Jesus’s body was never found. If it were, Roman and Jewish authorities would have celebrated. And Christianity — which eventually grew into the world’s largest religion on the foundational event of Christ’s resurrection — never would have been birthed.

My belief in the resurrection is non-traditional. Having been born and raised Jewish, my parents told me that the “Jesus story” was a “fairy tale” and a “magic show” to make people feel good — and that we did not believe in Jesus because we were Jews. End of discussion, until I later learned that Jesus was Jewish, which I found confusing. But amazingly and thankfully, Jesus impacted me when I was 9 years old, about which I recently wrote.

Faith - Journey - Easter - Question - Answers

My faith journey aside, on this Easter, I want to pose a question with miraculous answers: “What was found in Christ’s empty tomb?”

Over 2,000 years ago in Jerusalem, according to John’s Gospel, cloths were found in His empty tomb:

Simon - Peter - Tomb - Cloths - Handkerchief

Then Simon Peter came, following him, and went into the tomb; and he saw the linen cloths lying there, and the handkerchief that had been around His head, not lying with the linen cloths, but folded together in a place by itself (John 20:6-7).

Today, millions of Christians believe that these two distinct sets of cloths still exist.

Linen - Shroud - Turin - Handkerchief - Sudarium

“The linen” is the Shroud of Turin and “the handkerchief” is the Sudarium of Oviedo, (called “the napkin” or “head cloth” in many Bible translations).

By tradition...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Townhall
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Why do democrats never have to face the reality of what's on the ground, like 2000 years of marriage.
Tagged: