The Empty Tomb — and Coming Judgment

Desiring God | 4/19/2019 | Jason Meyer
dewbydewby (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://dg.imgix.net/he-rose-again-to-warn-the-world-osmgpfsf-en/landscape/he-rose-again-to-warn-the-world-osmgpfsf-9f3cd89039b8fabbb2319049e2ebb4a0.jpg?ts=1554474417&ixlib=rails-3.0.2&auto=format,compress&fit=min&w=800&h=450

Beep . . . Beep . . . Beep.

The timer starts slow, but then gets faster and faster. Beep. Beep. Beep.

Heart - Rates - Air - End - Draws

Heart rates rise. The air gets thick. The end draws near. Beep, beep, beep.

The accelerating clock makes all the difference in the game Catch Phrase. Each player tries to help his teammates guess the word or phrase, without saying it, that appears on the handheld device. Once they guess correctly, he passes the device to the opposing team. While the teams are passing it back and forth, the timer is running down — first slowly, and then with increasing speed: beep, beep, beep. Whatever team is holding the device when the beeps stop loses that round.

Aspect - Resurrection - Jesus - Time - Easter

One often overlooked aspect of the resurrection of Jesus is how it signals that the time is short. Easter tells us that history now is beeping more and more rapidly, calling for our repentance. The nations soon will be a footstool for the feet of the Son (Psalm 110:1). They, and each of us, should kiss the Son and take refuge in him before it is too late (Psalm 2:12).

The refrain of resurrection returns many times in the Psalms, but it makes its first appearance in Psalm 2. Do you hear the refrain?

I will tell of the decree:

The Lord said to me, “You are my Son;

Today - Psalm - Easter - Sunday - Psalmist

The today of Psalm 2:7 is Easter Sunday. It is as if the psalmist sings, “Christ the Lord is risen today.” How do we know that the today of Psalm 2 is the same day as Easter Sunday? Listen to the apostle Paul preach and apply Psalm 2.

Acts 13 is the clearest text that establishes the connection between the resurrection of Jesus and the today of Psalm 2. There, Paul preaches the good news of the gospel, from the Old...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Desiring God
Wake Up To Breaking News!
The only change you ever get from the goverment is what's in your pocket, and worth less every day.
Tagged: