Michelle Gomez on ‘Chilling Adventures of Sabrina’ & Madam Satan’s Rise to Power

Collider | 4/20/2019 | Christina Radish
Click For Photo: http://cdn.collider.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/chilling-adventures-of-sabrina-michelle-gomez-01-600x441.jpg

In Chilling Adventures of Sabrina Part 2 (available to stream at Netflix), Sabrina Spellman (Kiernan Shipka) is finding her place in the darker, sexier witch world, now that she’s left her human friends behind and signed the Book of the Beast, which has changed her life and her hair in noticeable ways. While Sabrina is curious to learn more about her heritage, it causes a strain on her life in the mortal world, pushing her further away from Harvey Kinkle (Ross Lynch) and into the arms of warlock Nicholas Scratch (Gavin Leatherwood).

During this 1-on-1 phone interview with Collider, Scottish actress Michelle Gomez (who plays Sabrina’s favorite teacher Mary Wardwell, a woman who also just happens to be possessed by the Devil’s handmaiden, Madam Satan) talked about the fun in playing such a deliciously devilish character, the pleasure it’s been working with co-star Kiernan Shipka, what it’s like to have scenes with characters that don’t really exist, what makes Madam Satan a classic frenemy, getting to learn a bit more about Ms. Wardwell, the relationship dynamic between Ms. Wardwell and Sabrina, and whether she’d like to see the women take charge. She also talked about how much she enjoyed her time as Missy on Doctor Who, and what it’s like to see Jodie Whittaker as the first female Doctor.

Collider - First - Congratulations - Performances - TV

Collider: First of all, congratulations on delivering what I think is one of the best and most totally delicious performances on TV, pretty much ever.

MICHELLE GOMEZ: That’s a really good start. You can just keep repeating that until we’re done.

Madam - Satan - Characters - Performances

Madam Satan is truly one of those all-time great, memorable characters and performances.

GOMEZ: Oh, my god, thank you so much. Yeah, she is. Clearly, you can tell that I thoroughly enjoy it and threw myself into it, wholeheartedly. It’s...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Collider
Wake Up To Breaking News!