Illinois police officer drives man to job interview after pulling him over, man lands the role

Fox News | 4/20/2019 | Janine Puhak
ditranian (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://static.foxnews.com/foxnews.com/content/uploads/2019/04/police1.jpg

One ordinary traffic stop in Illinois had an extraordinary ending, when a police officer pulled over a car with expired plates, only to learn the driver had an expired license as well. The law enforcement official learned the man was en route to a job interview, and he had no other way of traveling there. Without hesitation, the officer drove the man to the meeting himself – and the man ultimately landed the position.

On April 17, Officer Roger Gemoules of the Cahokia Police Department pulled over Ka'Shawn Baldwin after noticing an issue with his vehicle, Fox 4 KC reports, soon discovering that Baldwin’s license was also no longer valid. The 22-year-old man detailed that he risked the ride because he was on his way to a job interview at FedEx and had no other way to get there, as per KSDK.

Baldwin - Ticket - Gemoules - Man - Interview

Instead of writing Baldwin a ticket, Gemoules elected to drive the man to the interview, ensuring he’d arrive safely and on time.

“It meant everything to me. It brought my spirits up; it kind of made me happy,” Baldwin said of the officer’s generosity, as per Fox Illinois.

Ride - Interview - Cops

“I was shocked that he actually gave me a ride to the interview. Normally, cops are like [asking]...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Fox News
Wake Up To Breaking News!