Anticipating Avengers: Endgame — and Easter

Think Christian | 4/20/2019 | Staff
Click For Photo: https://thinkchristian-webassets.imgix.net/articleImages/2019/avengers-engdame-preview-craft.jpg?crop=focalpoint&fit=crop&fp-x=0.5&fp-y=0.5&h=500&ixlib=php-1.1.0&q=80&w=800&s=3d8930e79bc5257ea875235b0f6d5144

The apostle Paul wrote that all of creation, ourselves included, longs for Christ’s restoration of the universe. In the book of Ecclesiastes, the writer reflects on the finite, changing nature of our activities on earth, but concludes by saying that God “has also set eternity in the human heart.” Despite the temporary nature of the world we currently inhabit, we were designed for the eternal. This is one reason that death, the sharpest reminder of our mortality, brings us so much pain.

Humans may long for resurrection innately, but in Easter, we find the reason for such a hope. By becoming man, Jesus lived out our mortal life and suffered our mortal death. By his sacrifice and resurrection, he became the way for humans to live again as well.

Assurances - Resurrection - Hoping-against-hope - Reality - Death

Even with these assurances, hoping for resurrection can sometimes feel like hoping-against-hope, especially when we’re confronted with the reality of death: Thor helplessly watching his brother’s neck snapped or Wanda seeing the Mind Stone pulled from Vision’s head. What hope can there be, truly, after horrors like that?

At the beginning of the book of Revelation, Jesus appears to the apostle John, and John collapses like a dead man. But Jesus tells him, “‘Do not be afraid. I am the First and the Last. I am the Living One; I was dead,...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Think Christian
Wake Up To Breaking News!
True or False Prophet, check for God keeping seal of approval.