Ten-year-old girl performs amazing backflips with a prosthetic leg

Mail Online | 12/31/1969 | Dailymail.com Reporter
shuadah (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/04/19/22/12494670-0-image-a-109_1555707860999.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2019/04/19/2852027233376093802/1024x576_MP4_2852027233376093802.mp4

A talented ten-year-old is going viral for performing backflips - with her prosthetic leg.

JaMiyah Robinson from Columbia, South Carolina, was born with a rare condition called femoral deficiency, which made her left leg much shorter than the right.

JaMiyah - Mother - LaShawn - Jacobs - Condition

When JaMiyah was five her mother, LaShawn Jacobs, had to make the devastating condition to have her daughter's foot amputated. Five years later, JaMiyah is thriving as a dancer and gymnast, who can do backflips on her prosthetic limb.

'She amazes me every day,' LaShawn, 30, said about her daughter. She works as a a mental health technician in Columbia.

'She - Word - Vocabulary

'She's so strong and independent, the word "can't" isn't even in her vocabulary.'

After the amputation JaMiyah had to work hard to gain agility with her prosthetic.

Foot - Decision - LaShawn

'Having the foot amputated was such a difficult decision for me,' LaShawn said.

'It was very emotional. JaMiyah used to walk on her shorter leg, kind of on tip toe, but as she got older the doctors told me that I had to make a decision about what to do with her leg.

Chance - Life - Foot - Mother - Decision

'They told me she would have a better chance in life without the foot. As a mother is was a horrible decision to make.

'When she first came out of the surgery she said "mom I can't feel my toes" and I rushed to the bathroom and started crying like a big baby.

Mother - Aside

'So my mother pulled me aside and said, "No, you can't be like this,...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!