Raider the therapy dog comforted the two adult children who survived California house of horrors

Mail Online | 4/19/2019 | Ariel Zilber;Emily Crane;Josh Boswell In Riverside, California For Dailymail.com
normanorma (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/04/20/06/12503608-0-image-a-51_1555738402151.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2018/06/21/2272188553184102482/1024x576_MP4_2272188553184102482.mp4

The two children who gave heart-wrenching impact statements about being tortured and abused by their parents in the California house of horrors had an unsung hero by their side.

Raider the gold-colored Labrador, who has been the Turpin children’s emotional support dog for the past year, was inside Riverside County Superior Court in California on Friday.

Time - Home - Jennifer - Joshua - Parents

Speaking publicly for the first time since being freed from their filthy home, Jennifer, 30, and Joshua, 27, described how their parents, David Turpin, 57, and his wife, Louise, 50, inflicted years of torture and abuse on them and their 11 siblings.

Their parents broke down in tears as they listened to their children speak of the nightmares of being chained, beaten and starved in their home.

Parents - Life - Life - Jennifer - Raider

'My parents took my whole life from me but now I'm taking my life back,' Jennifer said shakily as she was comforted by Raider.

'I saw my dad change my mom. They almost changed me, but I realized what was happening.

Everything - Happens - Reason - Life - Person

'I believe everything happens for a reason. Life may have been bad, but it made me strong. I fought to become the person I am. I'm a fighter, I'm strong and I'm shooting through life like a rocket.'

The two adult children have had Raider by their side throughout the legal ordeal of the past year.

Children - Authorities - Raider - Courtroom - Friday

One of children reportedly asked authorities to allow Raider into the courtroom on Friday to be with them during their parents’ sentencing.

When they gave testimony about the abuse they suffered at the hands of their parents, they took turns petting him.

Labrador - Facility - Dog - Corona - Police

The three-year-old Labrador is a specially trained facility dog with the Corona Police Department, according to CNN.

Raider’s job is to provide companionship without disrupting people in a work environment.

Dog - Corona - Police - Department - Canine

He is the first dog provided to the Corona Police Department by Canine Companions for Independence, an organization that trains...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Homeschool or State Thought Police School, you choose.