Ohio mom says Christian school kicked her kids out because she is unmarried, children have different fathers

TheHill | 4/19/2019 | Morgan Gstalter
lhumara (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://thehill.com/sites/default/files/blogs/steeple_catholicchurch_012414thinkstock.jpg

An Ohio mother says her two children were kicked out of a Christian school in Cuyahoga Falls because she is unmarried and the children have different fathers, the Akron Beacon Journal reported Friday.

Summer Grant said her two daughters, 10-year-old Summara-Rayn and 7-year-old Summaia, were dismissed from the Chapel Hill Christian School last Friday, just weeks before school ends for the summer.

Children - Fathers - Children - Education - Christ

“Just because I’m not married and my children do have different fathers doesn’t mean that I don’t want my children to have a good education and I don’t want them to know who Christ is in their education,” said Grant, a single mother who works multiple jobs.

Grant said she was told by school administrator John Wilson that she was committing adultery and going against the Ten Commandments.

Wilson - Requirement - Recommendation - Parents - School

Wilson reportedly told her that while it isn’t a requirement for her to be married, it is a “strong recommendation.” Other parents at the school are unmarried, Grant noted.

The school said in a statement to the Beacon Journal that parents sign a written agreement “meant to reflect a common commitment to the cause of Christ,” but Grant said she does not remember signing it.

Circumstances - Separation - Concern - Privacy - Family

“While we believe it would be wrong to make public the particular circumstances that led to this separation, out of concern for the privacy of the family, we also felt that dismissal was necessary in order to protect the safety of our school children and their families,” the statement reads.

Grant said that when Summaia was in the first grade, Wilson would pepper her with questions about when she would marry her youngest daughter’s father whom she was in a relationship with at the time.

Wilson - Girls

Wilson reportedly asked the young girls...
(Excerpt) Read more at: TheHill
Wake Up To Breaking News!