We Saw a Scene From the ‘Child’s Play’ Remake That’s Reminiscent of ‘Terminator 2’

/Film | 4/19/2019 | Ben Pearson
Click For Photo: https://d13ezvd6yrslxm.cloudfront.net/wp/wp-content/images/childs-play-remake.jpg

This week, I had the chance to get an early look at a scene from the upcoming Child’s Play remake, which just released a brand new trailer. I also spoke with director Lars Klevberg and producers Seth Grahame-Smith and David Katzenberg about why they wanted to modernize a popular horror character, their approach to the new story, and more.

Check out our description of the scene and their quotes below, including some brief updates about Grahame-Smith’s rumored Fantastic Four script and the feature-length Kung Fury film.

Producers - Fans - Franchise - News - Remake

The producers are well aware that many fans of this franchise bristled at the initial news of their remake. “Believe me, we get hate mail all the time from people. ‘Why remake this? Why reboot this?’ There has to be a reason other than, ‘It’s been twenty years,’ Katzenberg told me. “It was important to us that there be a ‘why’ to creating a new version of a beloved horror character,” Grahame-Smith explained to the group of gathered journalists. As you can see in the trailers, the filmmakers found their “why” in the form of technology.

“Right away, we were like, ‘We have to do something about technology,’” Katzenberg revealed. “In this day and age too, who’s going to buy a doll for a kid that’s just, like, a doll? That felt kind of outdated, especially when kids are walking around with iPhones. I have a little girl and we have a Nest camera, and we keep hearing about those cameras getting hacked into. Those fears that seem to be universal, actually having that play a part in this film was meaningful to us.”

Chucky - Film - Soul - Killer - Plot

And while the Chucky in the original film is imbued with the soul of a twisted serial killer, that plot is nowhere to be found this time around. “The first one is Charles Ray,...
(Excerpt) Read more at: /Film
Wake Up To Breaking News!