Jesus’ Last Supper Still Wasn’t a Passover Seder Meal

Biblical Archaeology Society | 4/19/2019 | Staff
oxboy (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://www.biblicalarchaeology.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/last-supper1.jpg

grace yow says:

good morning david!

Thank - Article - Issue - Jesus - Night

thank you for your article on the issue of what jesus had the night of 14th of abib. it was a blessing to find that i am not alone in my understanding of the issue and that you share my position of being open to additional information that helps to arrive at the correct understanding. and yet, until now you are still of the same position, which to me, is a further confirmation that your understanding and mine is correct.

i am not a biblical scholar so my conclusion so far is arrived at solely from scriptures using concordances and interlinear resources from the internet and prayers for correct understanding.

Assembly - I - Join - Services - Sabbaths

the assembly i join for services on sabbaths and holy days observe the “lord’s supper” on the 14th of abib but calls it the “passover”observance and observe the 15th of abib and calls it “the night to be much observed” observance.

after having read scriptures many times over, i became familiar enough with exodus 12, lev 23 and found our practice not quite according to what i found in scriptures. so, i wrote one of our elders the message below.

Sermonette - Weeks - Body - Reason - Things

really appreciate your pointing out in your sermonette three weeks ago that it is important for the body to understand the reason why we do things so when they are asked they can give scripturally grounded answers.

thank you for sharing with me that “artos” is used as a common term for bread, leavened or not. this is very good information. you are right. the use of “artos” in luke 24:30, 35 clearly show, beyond any doubt, that artos is used for unleavened bread as well.

Understanding - Scriptures - Show - Passover - Lamb

however, my understanding of the scriptures below show that the passover lamb was eaten in the evening of the 15th, not in the evening of the...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Biblical Archaeology Society
Wake Up To Breaking News!