Best power banks and battery packs for iPhone

CNET | 4/19/2019 | David Carnoy
maye (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://cnet2.cbsistatic.com/img/2YEy8xeasxcCkQBeW12TtMVFsJ4=/756x567/2019/02/26/e715ab63-3e75-4274-a7a5-15072ac7dd81/battery-pack-group-shot-2.jpg

Once upon a time, it seemed like everybody was buying battery cases for their iPhones to get the extra juice they needed to get through the day. However, the big problem with a battery case is that it makes your phone bulky and heavy, and with phones growing larger and larger, the battery case just doesn't always make as much sense as it once did. In my opinion, an external battery pack is the way to go.

To that end, I've rounded up the best compact batteries out there. Although they cost more, I personally like batteries that have an integrated Lightning cable built into them so I don't have to worry about carrying around a charging cable. But I've also included some budget picks for those who want to spend as little as possible. And, while we're planning a separate roundup for Android models, anything here without an integrated Lightning cable will work perfectly well with an Android phone (or any other portable gadget), so long as you provide a micro-USB or USB-C compatible cable.

Note - CNET - Share - Revenue - Sale

Note that CNET may get a share of revenue from the sale of the products featured on this page.

Mophie has discontinued its swanky aluminum-clad PowerStation Mini Plus, which has an integrated "switch-tip" Lightning/Micro-USB cable (an adapter converts the Micro-USB to Lightning). However, it's still an excellent charger that you can find online at a discount and there are even better deals on certified refurbished models (I bought two of the pink ones for less than $10 each, and they seemed perfectly good). The Mini Plus is available in 4,000mAh and 6,000mAh versions. The latter is about a third thicker.

Hub - Mini - Lightning - USB - Cables

The Hub Mini has integrated Lightning and micro USB cables. It's not so slim, but it is compact and easily fits in a pocket. It has...
(Excerpt) Read more at: CNET
Wake Up To Breaking News!