Climate protesters arrive at Heathrow airport threatening to cause chaos

Mail Online | 4/19/2019 | Mark Duell for MailOnline;Jemma Buckley;Emine Sinmaz;Christian Gysin for the Daily Mail
j.moomin (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/04/19/09/12470108-0-image-a-64_1555663677336.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2019/04/19/9062113925247288490/1024x576_MP4_9062113925247288490.mp4

Young eco-warriors broke down in tears about climate change on TV today after descending on London Heathrow today for an 'emotional disruption' following fears they would shut down the airport.

The Extinction Rebellion protest, which is now in its fifth day, has already brought parts of London to a standstill by blocking four major routes of Waterloo Bridge, Oxford Circus, Marble Arch and Parliament Square since Monday.

Morning - Children - Banner - Words - Generation

This morning, some 15 children all aged under 17 held a large banner with the words 'Are we the last generation?' on a roundabout outside Heathrow terminals two and three as they were surrounded by dozens of police. Officers told the protesters they were breaking a bylaw by protesting on airport property, and so arrests are expected.

One well-spoken boy told Sky News while fighting back tears: 'I don't want to be the last generation. I've told you I'm here out of love and out of fear and from that comes courage, and that's why I'm here, that's why I'm here.'

Girl - 'It - Message - Generation - Futures

Another girl said: 'It's about the message that we're trying to send, and that is that we are very possibly the last generation and that our futures have been stolen, the lives we thought we would be able to lead have been taken.'

Police had feared chaos, but one officer on duty told MailOnline: 'So far it's been a damp squib, there's only about ten to 15 of them. To be honest we don't know what to expect because the group haven't been engaging with us.

Charge - Protests - Kent - Police - Norfolk

'But it's fair to say those in charge of policing protests feared the worst as we've got Kent Police here and even Norfolk and Suffolk constabularies. British Transport Police have had to draw officers in from Leeds, Sheffield, Manchester and Liverpool. At the moment we're just standing around as there's...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!