Light a Fire for God in Kids Through Science — Bible Science

ChurchLeaders | 4/18/2019 | Staff
abbycraig (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://churchleaders-eszuskq0bptlfh8awbb.stackpathdns.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/4.19.CHILDREN.CC.BibleScience.jpg

This is my fourth summer teaching Bible Science to K-5th graders every Wednesday night in the summer. The first year I did this our classes doubled in size! That was incredible. The kids LOVED it. They got to play with their friends on the playground, eat pizza, do science experiments followed by an applicable Bible lesson. I have to admit, every week I went home worn out, but absolutely loved what I was seeing from the kids. They were excited to learn God’s word. Well, they were excited about the “fun” stuff and God’s word was intertwined; it was the whole purpose and they were enjoying it.

So what is Bible Science? It is taking a simple science experiment to draw kids in and capture their attention so they are receptive to God’s word. I have heard of teachers performing the experiment at the head of class while everyone watches, but I prefer to let everyone participate. If they are hands on, they are more engaged and in turn, more likely to remember what’s being taught. Some experiments everyone does it themselves and then there are others that are better suited for small groups of two to thee kids, especially if my kindergartens will struggle with parts of the experiment.

Wednesday - Night - Hour - Classes - Congregation

Every Wednesday night I start a half hour before Bible classes are scheduled for our congregation. The first two years we served pizza on the playground for 30 minutes, but the Texas heat made snow cones much more desirable. So, I bought a snow cone machine and the kids can’t believe they get all the snow cones...
(Excerpt) Read more at: ChurchLeaders
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Have you forgotten?