Beto O’Rourke Counts Running for President as Charitable After Contribution Criticism

Breitbart | 4/18/2019 | Staff
hubbog (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://media.breitbart.com/media/2019/03/wi/ap/16/6ae7e2_fact-check-week-55201-beto-rourke-in-14-2019-photo-beto-rourke-speaks-international-e1555528049631-639x335.jpg

Democrat presidential hopeful Robert Francis “Beto” O’Rourke responded to criticism of low charitable donations by claiming he just didn’t report them all on his taxes.

The failed 2018 U.S. Senate candidate from Texas has been questioned about his low charitable giving after releasing a decade worth of tax returns. At one event he told an inquisitive attendee in Charlottesville, Virginia, on Tuesday that he counts his campaign for president as part of his charitable contributions.

Donations - Organizations - Amounts - Hundreds - Dollars

“We’ve made donations to so many organizations in small amounts, in the hundreds of dollars, in larger amounts, in the thousands of dollars. This is beyond what’s itemized and reflected in our taxes,” O’Rourke told reporters on Wednesday, according to the Associated Press. He claimed his family didn’t report the donations because the deduction wasn’t important. “Never thought it would be an issue, because I didn’t expect to release my taxes cause I never thought that I’d be running for president.

He said he’s trying...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Breitbart
Wake Up To Breaking News!