Father shares shock after daughter points out Lego magazine only features one girl

Mail Online | 4/18/2019 | Harriet Johnston For Mailonline
lhumara (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/04/18/10/12427416-0-image-a-2_1555581432468.jpg

A British father has shared the charming letter his four-year-old daughter wrote to Lego City magazine, after she spotted that they'd only featured one woman speaking character - compared to 28 men.

Samuel West, 52, from London, shared a snap of the magazine and the letter his daughter wrote on social media, to wild praise.

Speaking - Characters - Lego - City - Magazine

Of the 29 speaking characters in the Lego City magazine, there was just one female featured - and she only spoke once, to agree with another male character.

Other social media users praised the little girls attitude, and asked Lego magazine to listen to her letter.

Lego - MailOnline - Letter - Invitation - Dad

Lego told the MailOnline: 'We’re looking forward to receiving and replying to the letter. We have also extended an invitation to her and her dad to visit our office in London and share her great ideas, especially about LEGO City.'

Samuel, who works as an actor and director, took to Twitter to share his daughter's thoughts on the magazine.

Lego - My - Daughter - Lego - Football

He wrote: 'Dear Lego, My daughter, four, loves Lego, football and blue, so she was delighted to get the new Lego City magazine.

'Then she noticed that of the 29 people who talk in it, only one is female, and she speaks once, to agree with a man. So my daughter wrote you a letter.'

Name - Letter - Lego - HQ - Women

So the four-year-old, whose name is unknown, posted a letter to Lego HQ to ask if they could include more women in their magazines.

The letter Samuel shared, in the charming four year old's writing, simply read:' To Lego magazine people, can you put more girls in your magazine please? Love'.

Lego - City - Magazine - Times - Year

The Lego City magazine publishes 12 times a year, and features puzzles, comics, posters and competitions, as well as a small Lego toy.

This issue featured the story of a gardener on a...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!