Timothy Olyphant Recalls Bonding with Luke Perry on Final Film Once Upon a Time in Hollywood

PEOPLE.com | 4/18/2019 | Staff
Click For Photo: https://peopledotcom.files.wordpress.com/2019/04/luke-perry.jpg?crop=0px,0px,2700px,1417.5px&resize=1200,630

Timothy Olyphant knows just how lucky he is to have worked with Luke Perry in the actor’s final on-screen performance.

Olyphant opened up about working with Perry on the upcoming film Once Upon a Time in Hollywood before the actor’s tragic death in March, calling the star a “lovely guy.”

Guy - Guy - Variety - Premiere

“What a lovely guy. Just a lovely guy,” he told Variety. I’m going to miss him at that premiere. I’m going to miss him. I’m going to miss him anyway.”

Perry, who had completed all of his scenes in the upcoming film prior to his death, will portray real-life actor Wayne Maunder. Olyphant, meanwhile, stars as actor James Stacy.

Film - Olyphant - Scenes - Perry - Moments

“We just met on the film, but the two of us showed up, and we kept looking at each other like, ‘How’d we get in? I don’t know who let us in, but they let us in,’ ” Olyphant recalled of sharing several scenes with Perry. “There were so many moments where it just felt like the two of us would look at each other and we both had the same look on our face, which is, ‘Not bad. Here we are.’ “

Olyphant, 50, said they two bonded over a conversation about their families in between takes.

Anyone - Thing - Guy - Experience - Olyphant

“I haven’t met anyone who’s ever said a bad thing about the guy, and that was my experience hanging out with him and working with him,” Olyphant said. “He was...
(Excerpt) Read more at: PEOPLE.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!