Fran Drescher reveals what would make Cardi B perfect to fill her shoes in the role of The Nanny

Mail Online | 4/18/2019 | Caitlyn Becker For Dailymail.com
LordLord (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/04/18/18/12446820-0-image-a-36_1555610335407.jpg

Fran Drescher is giving mixed signals about the possibility of a reboot of The Nanny starring Cardi B as the titular character.

The 61-year-old New Yorker gushed about her hopes for Cardi while stopping by the SiriusXM’s studios in Los Angeles on Wednesday for an interview with Michael Yo.

Year - Fans - Frenzy - Revival - Cardi

Last year fans were whipped into a frenzy for the revival after Cardi posted a photo in an animal print ensemble and referred to herself as The Nanny.

During her chat with Yo, the nasal voiced star spoke about the possible reboot and admitted that nothing is in the works at the moment.

Yo - Story - B - Cardi - B

'Do you want it to happen?' asked Yo. 'I read a story that you want Cardi B to actually play you. Have you talked to Cardi B about this?'

'I've talked to her representation,' Fran said on SiriusXM.

'She - Media - Instagram - Stuff - My

Adding: 'She and I on social media, on Instagram and stuff, she's often putting us together. My picture, her picture. She's very influenced by the style of myself and the nanny from back in the day and it's very flattering to me.'

In October Cardi captioned a shot on social media from fashion week, 'Fran Drescher in @dolcegabbana,' which went viral.

Post - Drescher - Board - Idea - Cardi

The post prompted Drescher to announce that she was totally on board with the idea of Cardi reviving the role of Fran Fine.

While the current film and television landscape is rife with reboots and revivals, and The Nanny would also inject some major current star power with Cardi, Drescher deflated the hopes of fans when she revealed that nothing is officially in the works.

Television - Series

'Truth be told, I'm not developing that as a television series right now,' she said.

The Cancer Shmancer author did let slip that she is working on a project that is Nanny related with...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Warum denn nicht?