Samsung's $2,000 Foldable 'iPhone Killer' Keeps Breaking After 1 Day Of Use

Zero Hedge | 4/18/2019 | Staff
echolea (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://zh-prod-1cc738ca-7d3b-4a72-b792-20bd8d8fa069.storage.googleapis.com/s3fs-public/styles/max_650x650/public/2019-04/Screen%20Shot%202019-04-18%20at%202.29.20%20PM.png?itok=AZxzyg7K

Samsung's long-awaited 'foldable' iPhone killer is shaping up to be yet another bomb (no pun intended).

With the company's reputation still not fully recovered from the 2016 recall of the Samsung Galaxy 7 following reports that the batteries in some phones had spontaneously combusted, several tech journalists provided an advanced model of the 'Galaxy Fold' ahead of its public debut later this month reported myriad problems with the handset.

Reviewers - CNBC - Verge - Bloomberg - Issues

Reviewers at CNBC, the Verge and Bloomberg complained about issues including a malfunctioning LED screen, problems with the hinge and strange bulges.

Here's an excerpt from the Verge's review.

Picture - Bulge - Right - Crease - Galaxy

Look closely at the picture above, and you can see a small bulge right on the crease of my Galaxy Fold review unit. It’s just enough to slightly distort the screen, and I can feel it under my finger. There’s something pressing up against the screen at the hinge, right there in the crease. My best guess is that it’s a piece of debris, something harder than lint for sure. It’s possible that it’s something else, though, like the hinge itself on a defective unit pressing up on the screen.

It’s a distressing thing to discover just two days after receiving my review unit. More distressing is that the bulge eventually pressed sharply enough into the screen to break it. You can see the telltale lines of a broken OLED converging on the spot where the bulge is.

Gadgets - Glitches - MacBook - Model - Keyboard

Though other expensive gadgets have been released with well-publicized glitches (one MacBook pro model's keyboard issues come to mind), the 'Galaxy Fold's' problems are "on an entirely different level," the Verge said.

Other reviewers may not have reported issues, but Bloomberg and the Verge's accounts of the malfunctions were similar enough to raise serious questions. When it reported the issues to Samsung, Bloomberg said a company representative said the device should...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Zero Hedge
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Appeasement - when you're what's for dinner!