White House’s fightback on Mueller report begins

Mail Online | 4/18/2019 | Francesca Chambers, Senior White House Correspondent For Dailymail.com
josh567 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/04/18/20/12441768-0-image-a-4_1555614748514.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2019/04/18/7495454659968479860/1024x576_MP4_7495454659968479860.mp4

The White House joined the president's legal team in pushing back on aspects of the special counsel report - including a claim that Trump exploded when he found out about Robert Mueller's appointment and declared: 'I'm f***ed.'

Kellyanne Conway, counselor to the president, told press at the White House that she 'never' heard Trump make comments like what what was included in the report.

'I - Reaction - President - Day - Words

'I was very surprised to see that because that was not the reaction of the president that day when I was there and he has never – there are words where the president's quoted throughout the report where he doesn't use those words so I'm not sure, you can ask the people about that,' she said.

She said that Trump had never ever talked about resigning from office or ending his presidential campaign.

'I - Campaign - Life - Billions - Dollars

'I will tell you he has never once on the campaign said I think we should resign, I'm not gonna run anymore, let's just – I'm done here, I can go back to my happy life, make billions of dollars, he has never said that during the campaign and he certainly never has said it since he was here

She said, 'I've been by his side for three straight years now. He has never expressed that, "my presidency is over."

Promise - Wish - People - People - Reason

'And I know that that was the promise and the wish of many people many people who for some reason you give a lot of airtime and ink to, who have zero credibility now, who promised collusion, who swore there would be criminal conspiracy, who would whisper in the ears of people like me that my colleagues or members of the trump family, or both, would be headed to jail, would be indicted by the grand jury, would be taken into prison,' she said.

'I mean...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Don't touch that, you don't know where it's been.