New Blu-ray Releases: ‘Glass’, ‘The Kid Who Would Be King’, ‘Dragged Across Concrete’, ‘Replicas’, ‘The Witch’; Plus: the ‘Escape Room’ in a Box

/Film | 4/17/2019 | Chris Evangelista
Click For Photo: https://d13ezvd6yrslxm.cloudfront.net/wp/wp-content/images/FotoJet-13-768x405.jpg

Physical media will live forever! That’s what I keep telling myself every night as I cry myself to sleep. For now, at least, physical media is sticking around, and that’s where this column comes in – rounding up the Blu-ray releases you might want to check out, while Blu-rays still exist. This week, we have the confusing conclusion to M. Night Shyamalan’s superhero trilogy; a charming Amblin-esque throwback from the director of Attack the Block; Keanu Reeves playing God; a crime-thriller guaranteed to piss some people off; and some wicked witchcraft. In addition to all that, her about the outrageously complicated “Escape Room in a Box” I was sent to promote the upcoming Blu-ray release of Escape Room. These are the new Blu-ray releases and their special features you should check out this week and beyond.

Glass is a curiosity on nearly every level. I remain a ride-or-die M. Night Shyamalan fan. I’ve stuck with him long after others gave up, and I was thrilled with his comeback starting with The Visit and followed by Split. When he announced he would make Glass, a film that tied together Split and his 2000 realistic superhero film Unbreakable, I was ecstatic. I view Unbreakable as Shyamalan’s best film, and the idea of him returning to those characters with Glass was thrilling. And then I saw the movie! Look – I don’t want to throw Shyamalan under the bus. I believe he had good intentions here, and I believe he gave this his all. But Glass does not work. In fact, it’s a mess. But it’s a fascinating mess. Here, Bruce Willis‘s super-human David Dunn ends up in a mental asylum with James McAvoy‘s Split character, Kevin Wendell Crumb, who is possessed with several personalities, including the monstrous The Beast. Also in the asylum:...
(Excerpt) Read more at: /Film
Wake Up To Breaking News!