Samsung responds to reviewer complaints about its Galaxy Fold phone

TechCrunch | 4/17/2019 | Staff
kimberly163 (Posted by) Level 3

Samsung has issued a statement about its new, folding phone as early photos of tech reviewers with their shiny new toys were replaced on social media (and in numerous columns) with complaints from those same tech reviewers about problems with the phone’s screen.

Apparently a number of reviewers either mistakenly destroyed their phone screens or had the screens bork on them after a few days of use. It’s not a good look for Samsung.

Brian - Heater - Hands - Samsung - Phone

However, our own Brian Heater had his hands on the Samsung phone, and has had nary a dent in his two days of use.

He wrote:

Sort - Thing - Pre-production - Models - Issues

This sort of thing can happen with pre-production models. I’ve certainly had issues with review units in the past, but these reports are worth mentioning as a note of caution with a product, which we were concerned might not be ready for prime time only a couple of weeks ago.

At the very least, it’s as good a reason as any to wait a couple of weeks before more of these are out in the world before dropping $2,000 to determine how widespread these issues are.

Issues - Samsung - Galaxy - Fold

All of that said, I’ve not had any technical issues with my Samsung Galaxy Fold. So far, so good. A...
(Excerpt) Read more at: TechCrunch
Wake Up To Breaking News!