Eco-warriors target Corbyn by glueing themselves to his home

Mail Online | 4/17/2019 | Mark Duell;Ed Riley;Joseph Curtis For Mailonline
n.king (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/04/17/16/12395086-0-image-a-26_1555515150360.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2019/04/17/7369254153490288592/1024x576_MP4_7369254153490288592.mp4

Climate change protesters glued themselves to Jeremy Corbyn's home today as they continue to cause chaos around London's transport network.

Four activists who sat outside the Labour leader's home in Islington, North London, said they were are 'all Jeremy Corbyn supporters' but want the Labour Party to go further than declaring a 'climate emergency'.

Mr - Corbyn - Protesters - Wife - Laura

But Mr Corbyn refused to speak to the protesters and his wife Laura Alvarez was sent outside to return gifts of Easter eggs and flowers that had been given to him by the activists earlier.

The protesters later said they felt guilty about their actions and 55-year-old Tracee Williams added the group 'felt terrible' about upsetting Ms Alvarez.

Protesters - Labour - Party - Plans - 'emergency

It is unclear exactly what the protesters want Labour to do, while the party have not been spelled out what their green plans are to tackle the 'emergency'.

Labour declared the emergency in the House of Commons last month when shadow environment secretary Sue Hayman called on the Government to take 'radical action' on climate change.

Commuters - Businesses - Extinction - Rebellion - Eco-warriors

Commuters and businesses are raging at the Extinction Rebellion eco-warriors amid major disruption to at least 500,000 people as a boat continues to block Oxford Circus, activists dance on Waterloo Bridge and rows of tents cover key routes through the capital.

Others said protesters doing yoga, singing and waving flags on Waterloo Bridge was 'Like Glastonbury, but in the middle of one of London's busiest bridges'.

Protesters - Fence - Bike - Lock - Scene

One of the protesters even chained themselves to the fence using a bike lock. They left the scene shortly before 5pm.

Speaking during the protest, Tracee Williams, 55, said: 'I don't think this was a misstep but whether we'd do it again, I'm not so sure.

'We - Door

'We just really felt we had to bring it to his front door.

'I feel absolutely terrible about upsetting his wife.'

Skeena - Rathor

Earlier, Skeena Rathor, a...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!