If You Have Limited Time and Friends with Unlimited Needs

Rick Thomas | 4/17/2019 | Rick Thomas
loranseen (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://rickthomas.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/RMlogoIfyouhavelimitedtimeandfriendswithunlimitedneeds.jpg

Do you have unlimited time? Do you have friends with a lot of needs? If so, you’re blessed, and so are your friends. You have the time and they have the needs. It’s a wonderful world. Sadly, I don’t live in that world.

Our podcasts are on iTunes, Google Play, SoundCloud, TuneIn, or Stitcher. If you want to comment on this content, go here.

You may want to read:

It’s a daily challenge for me to find the sweet spot where my limited time and their unlimited needs can coexist. Typically, the folks with needs in my life far surpass the amount of time I have to help them. I suspect if you’re a caring person, there is a nagging disparity between your daily time allotments and the number of people who want to get on our calendar.

Things - Today - Time - Piece

If you are like this, one of the most important things you can do today is re-evaluating how you spend your time, specifically as it relates to those who want a piece of you.

I like to think about redemptive-time-stewardship-practices in concentric circles that work out from the most important to the least important. I’m using the term least important to talk about how much time I can give to a person rather than making a statement about the quality of a person’s being.

Person - Everyone - Image - God - Genesis

Every person is important because everyone was made in the image of God (Genesis 1:27; James 3:9). Being a creation of God makes a person significant, so I’m not talking about that. I am talking about how God-given importance does not automatically give everybody an all-access pass to my calendar. With that view of importance in mind here is my list, in order of importance, of the people who get my time:

I Am Number One – If I do not take care of my...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Rick Thomas
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: