FOLLOW SUNDAYU

SundayU Magazine | 4/17/2019 | Carl Barnhill
iceyy (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://www.sundaymag.tv/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/jamie-templeton-428883-unsplash.jpg

You have to know and be involved in how new volunteers get into your ministry. You have to be the most passionate about getting new people onto your team. You’re the leader. Everyone is going to feed off your energy.

In a little over a year at the Columbia campus of Newspring Church, we saw over 100 people come into our ministry. We consistently had one of the highest percentages of those coming to our team, sometimes more than any other ministry at the campus.

Competition - Ministry - Ministry - Thriving - Volunteer

Was it a competition? Not really- we wanted to see every ministry succeed. We wanted every ministry to have a thriving volunteer culture. It was a win for the whole church. But why did the production team get a lot of the numbers? I attribute that growth to a few things. I think we were very intentional and poured energy and time into the following areas:

Newspring calls its church membership class “Ownership”. For good reason; they believe that members have rights and owners have responsibility. If you went to your local gym and saw a piece of trash on the floor or a machine that was broke, you’d tell the manager. If you were the owner, you’d pick up the trash or fix the machine. Ownership Class was held on a weeknight or Sunday afternoon to those interested in the church. The class covered the core values of the church, an invitation for salvation, and a strong push to serve.

Ownership - Class - Someone - Opportunities - Tour

Out of Ownership Class, unless someone knew exactly where they wanted to serve, they were scheduled for an “Opportunities” Tour. These tours were scheduled on Sundays and would tour every ministry in the church where someone could serve. One thing I noticed regarding the production team, is that these tours were only going by front-of-house, they were not...
(Excerpt) Read more at: SundayU Magazine
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: