DOUBLE AMPUTEE VETERAN RUNS FOURTH BOSTON MARATHON RACE SINCE LOSING HIS LEGS

The Daily Caller | 4/17/2019 | Staff
rubydrummer (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://cdn01.dailycaller.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/Double-Amputee-Veteran-Runs-Fourth-Boston-Marathon-Race-Since-Losing-His-Legs-Fox-Friends-4-16-19-e1555429534249.jpg

Double amputee and retired Army Sgt. Stefan Leroy ran in his fourth Boston Marathon Monday, after losing his legs while serving in Afghanistan.

“It was a great race,” he said Tuesday on “Fox & Friends.” “Last couple years have been a little rough on us, last year specifically. And it’s great to have all those crowds back out there who braved the rain at the end. And Boston is fantastic for all of that amazing support. So we were really lucky to have a great day yesterday.”

WATCH

WATCH:

Leroy said a big part of his recovery came after being admitted to Walter Reed Hospital, and said the encouragement from other amputees helped keep him going.

Part - Walter - Reed - Recovery - Support

“I think a big part to me moving on to Walter Reed and starting my recovery was that support from all those around me,” he said. “At the time we had about over 200 amputees at...
(Excerpt) Read more at: The Daily Caller
Wake Up To Breaking News!