Woman, 25, who binged on lollies and bags of chips, doesn't recognise herself after losing 62 kilos

Mail Online | 4/16/2019 | Matilda Rudd For Daily Mail Australia
hubbog (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/04/17/00/12366390-0-image-a-256_1555458798036.jpg

Bek Godden's unhealthy eating habits began as a child, where her parents never made her eat vegetables and Pepsi Max was like 'water' in their household.

But despite the 25-year-old's major sweet tooth, her weight was never really an issue because unhealthy food was always balanced with competitive tennis practice.

Habits - School - Exercise - Sport - Gold

'My poor eating habits that had always been there really only caught up with me once I left school and I wasn't exposed to regular exercise or sport,' the Gold Coast woman told FEMAIL.

After piling on the weight and ballooning to 116kg at her heaviest, Bek has since shed a staggering 62kg and now no longer recognises herself.

Home - Front - TV - Gorge - Skittles

After moving out of home she was able to sit in front of the TV uninterrupted and gorge on skittles, jelly beans, chocolate, sugary cereals and family sized Twisties.

There was no-one around to account for her overeating but herself, and that's when things spiralled out of control.

Point - Hypertension - Blood - Pressure - Weight

'My turning point would definitely be after I was diagnosed with hypertension (high blood pressure) and I became aware that I had put on weight,' she said.

'However when I started regularly exercising and eating healthy, after a couple of months, I hadn't lost any weight.'

Woman - Doctor - Kilos

At 22 the young woman - who was then 116kg - decided to speak to a doctor, quizzing them on why she hadn't been able to shed the kilos.

They told her that due to her hypertension she would struggle to get fitter because she couldn't exercise as rigorously as she had in the past.

Pressure - Heart

It was putting too much pressure on her heart.

'I was suffering palpitations quite frequently and was at risk of a heart attack. I was 22 at that point and that was terrifying,' she said.

Something - Life

'That's when I knew I had to do something drastic to get my life back...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!