Notre Dame, Our Mother at the Cross

www.linkedin.com | 4/16/2019 | Staff
iVchan (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://media.licdn.com/dms/image/C4E12AQFYWR8AWq2nxQ/article-cover_image-shrink_600_2000/0?e=1560988800&v=beta&t=wXmsSDeCJYdUMdQ5W9RGMe3ztsk3NPkQpDEZCDoBQmA&imgtype=.jpg

On April 15, there was a fire in Notre Dame de Paris. We are, so many of us, reeling in shock. We don’t quite know how to place this traumatic event in context. Our hearts have fallen into our stomachs we are surprised to feel tears coming down our cheeks. Something dreadful has happened, something we never imagined. A reporter places a microphone in front of us as we stare in dismay toward this smoking horror. We dig for words, words that will somehow connect our brain to what we are feeling in our hearts. We say "cultural", "iconic building", "landscape"...our always ready intellects dig and dig to find words of resonance that ring true to our hearts.

France, yesterday, unwittingly you unveiled your heart. You revealed what is there behind the all the heavy, sterile, intellectual discourse that you have espoused to yourself since the enlightenment. France, yesterday we saw you. We saw your tears. We saw your sorrow. Not only did we see you, we joined you. Today, there will be many who have had enough hours to find the words to adequately explain the hearts movements as a great humanistic sadness toward the loss of a historical building. I am sorry, for you, it is too late, I saw your heart. I saw the...
(Excerpt) Read more at: www.linkedin.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: