Florida waitress, 19, breaks her back after diving 20 feet off a pier to save a drowning child

Mail Online | 4/15/2019 | Michael Nam For Dailymail.com
ridge-khridge-kh (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/04/16/01/12321876-0-image-a-63_1555374832275.jpg

A waitress at a Florida suffered a broken back and foot after jumping 20ft off a pier to save a young boy who was stuck in the rip current.

Hanna Pignato, 19, fractured her back in three places and the heel of her foot after jumping off the Main Street Pier in Daytona Beach, Florida, on Saturday night after she saw a mother frantically trying to get help for her son.

'She - Bloody - Mary - Fear - Eyes

'She was screaming bloody Mary, like, just screaming, like, I could just hear the fear in her eyes,' Pignato told WESH 2 News about the moment. 'And I was scared. Everybody was scared.'

The eight-year-old boy had gotten separated from a boogie board and was being drawn further and further away by the rip current.

Pignato - Deck - Joe - Crab - Shack

Pignato, who worked on the roof deck of Joe's Crab Shack, the eatery that sits on the pier itself, ran down the back steps to the pier, dropped off her phone and jumped 20 feet into the water.

'Right when I jumped, I was, like, I'm done,...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Millions in tribute, but not a penny left for charity.